Executive Secretary - THIS JOB HAS BEEN FILLED
We have an immediate opening for a 25 hour per week Executive Secretary position to manage the church office. This is a great opportunity for a person seeking to use their administrative and service gifts to glorify God and enhance the ministry of the local church.
The role includes accountability for the routine office tasks leveraging additional staff and volunteer resources, coordination for church communications, and direct administrative support to the Pastor.
Qualified candidates will preferably have three to five years of office experience and be willing to apply themselves to continual learning and finding ways to be effective stewards through administrative efficiency. The full position description is outlined below or can found as a .pdf document [here] .
Title: Executive Secretary, Valley Bible Church
Reporting directly to the Sr. Pastor, the Executive Secretary is responsible for management of the church office, coordination of communications platforms, and administrative support to the Pastor(s). This is a twenty-five hour per week position.
- Management of the Church Office
- Hire, train, supervise, and evaluate office staff in consultation with pastors; recruit and supervise office volunteers
- Manage telephone, email, and foot traffiic
- Maintain a welcoming and organized office environment
- Maintain church directory, databases, and cloud-based church management systems including church-wide calendaring
- Manage and execute office purchases, facility use requests, or other administrative requests
- Maintain office procedural documentation
- Provide administrative consulting to the various ministry leaders, supporting the efficient use of administrative processes and systems
- Manage the expenses of the office to the budget for items such as postage, equipment maintenance, and supplies
- Coordination of Communications
- In coordination with the church webmaster, create, update, and keep current web content on church website, Facebook, and Next Steps web page or other platforms approved by the Sr. Pastor
- Ensure the timely distribution of the weekly bulletins, church e-mail, compilation of announcements and congregational newsletters
- Edit and upload weekly sermon recording to website
- Administrative Support to the Pastor
- Assist with correspondence, communication, and appointment scheduling
- Perform ministry-related support or tasks for Pastor (such as room preparation and set up, coordination and presentation of refreshments, room cleanup, etc.).
- Other administrative support as needed.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Three to five years of office leadership or office management experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently and with others to meet deadlines
- Ability to multi-task, organize and execute many details and tasks
- Proficiency in use of common office software such as Microsoft Office as well as adaptability to learn website content management systems and email marketing tools (e.g. Squarespace, MailChimp)
- A follower of Jesus with a strong personal commitment to the doctrine, mission, and vision of Valley Bible Church
- Passion for the ministry of the local church and a desire to employ administrative and service gifts to enhance the ministry of the church and its Pastor(s)
- Absolute discretion and personal judgment in exposure to personal and confidential information
Interested candidates should provide a cover letter and resume via email.
To submit you resume or to ask a question contact Neal Patel, Senior Pastor
mail: Neal Patel - Valley Bible Church - PO Box 860 - 851 Fairview Terrace - White River Junction, VT 05001.