Two hours south of Managua, Nicaragua on the shores of Lake Nicaragua is a small camp called Campo Alegria (Camp Joy). This camp serves children from some of the poorest areas of Nicaragua. Many of these children have never been more than a mile or so from their homes nor have they had the luxury of three meals a day.
This summer a group of 15 adults and teens from Valley Bible Church are serving Campo Alegria, to share the love of Jesus and the hope that Christ brings with Nicaraguan children and the surrounding community.
The team will be in Nicaragua from June 26 - July 10. While there we will have opportunity to do work projects at Campo Alegria, host two weekend camps for children, bring gifts of school and hospital supplies for those in need in the local community, and also spend time in the surrounding villages ministering to families and children.
A short-term mission trip is a team ministry. The team from Valley Bible Church consists of: Tim Herndon, Ruth Swift, Vicky Fogg, Alexandra Fogg, Alex Bryan, Zach Bryan, Sergio Colon, Ethan Colon, Dave Corbin, Jeremy Corbin, Charlotte Goodrich, Lydia Herndon, Nate Herndon, Pat Langille, and Ashley Mossell.
There are a couple of ways you can stay current with our ministry and pray for us:
We will be in Nicaragua through July 10. Please pray:
- for unity as a team, that we will work well together.
- for servant hearts ready to trust the Lord in all our circumstances.that God will lead us to specific places for us to serve and people for us to talk with.
- for our health and safety.that we would continue to trust Him for the unexpected and unknown.
- that we will communicate God’s love to the children in spite of language and culture barriers, and that He would open their hearts to the Gospel.
- that God would be glorified in all that we say and do.
The team will be posting updates while in Nicaragua on their TEAM BLOG
In April 2009, six members of our congregation went to Northwest Haiti to work with Pastor Evantz Marc, who is planting a church in LaBrousse.
Every year, students and adults from VBC go to Guatemala with teams from Mid Vermont Christian School, to help with construction and teach Bible classes at a school in the mountains. Have a look at the gallery below for pictures of the 2009 trip, which included nine people from VBC.