Strengthening the church gathered - to be the church scattered - for the glory of Christ
Statement of Mission
Valley Bible Church exists to glorify God by committing our time, energy, and resources to the three dimensions of our mission:
· TO ONE ANOTHER: “strengthening the church gathered” - We seek to preach, teach, and equip the gathered church to build one another up in the gospel.
· TO THE WORLD: “to be the church scattered” - We build up one another in the gospel in order to live as bold witnesses of Christ in the Upper Valley and to the ends of the earth.
· TO THE LORD: “for the glory of Christ” - As we fulfill this mission, we will bring increasing glory, worship, and praise to Jesus Christ, both now and for all eternity.
As we carry out our mission, we seek to be grounded in the following core values:
· SCRIPTURE: Because the Bible is the Word of God to us, we place a high value on expository preaching and teaching. This means that when a passage of Scripture is taught, the teaching reflects the content and meaning of the text, rather than the opinions of the preacher. We want God to shape our hearts, minds, and lives, as we believe His life-giving Word.
· WORSHIP: God’s unconditional love and redemptive power inspire us to express our love and gratitude to Him. We want our lives and our gatherings to be full of joyful worship and celebration for the glory of Jesus Christ.
· PRAYER: We recognize our complete dependence on God’s care and the power of the Holy Spirit. Therefore, we aim to be a praying people, in our individual lives and as a church family.
· FELLOWSHIP: We want to cultivate a strong sense of community among our members. The rich fellowship of Christian brothers and sisters caring for one another helps us to experience the love of Christ, and provides a powerful picture of Christ’s love to the world.
· MISSIONS AND EVANGELISM: We desire to be faithful and effective in fulfilling God’s call to bring the Good News of Christ to our part of the world, and to the ends of the earth until Christ returns.